- Frame/Fork: COLUMBUS "Cromor" double butted tubing frame in 47/49/52/55 cm; BT BIKES "Beyond" double butted 4130 CrMo fork; FSA "NO21/12/44" sealed a-headset, 1 1/8"-1 1/2" tapered
- Wheels/Tires: WTB "STS" double wall sleeved tubeless compatible 32 front rim with BT BIKES "Title-disc" sealed 4 bolt front hub, 15x100mm thru axle; WTB "STS" double wall sleeved tubeless compatible 32 rear rim with BT BIKES "Title-disc" sealed cassette, 4 bolt disc rear hub, QR axle; WTB "Nano" 29x2.1" folding tires
- Drivetrain: SRAM "NX Boost" cranks with SRAM "X-Sync" steel 30t chainring; KMC "X11-1" chain; SRAM "GXP73" bottom bracket; SRAM 11-speed cassette with 11-42t; SRAM "NX" 1x11 derailleur
- Brakes/Cockpit: SRAM "Apex" brake levers; TRP "Spyre C" 160mm disc brakes; BT BIKES "Origin" forged alloy +17 degree stem; BT BIKES "Beyond" 6061-T6 butted alloy 22 degree flared drop bar; BT BIKES "Origin" rail saddle; BT BIKES "620" alloy seatpost
- Extras: Metallic green, 12.7 kb (28 lbs) in Medium
The Beyond is THE expedition machine. If it were a car it would be a Land Rover Defender, tough and dependable and willing to go wherever you are. Introduced in 2015, the Beyond has proven itself on countless journeys, not least when our friend Marc Maurer rode 5600 km (almost 3500 miles!) from Istanbul to Tehran. Designed as a dream for the bikepacker, the Beyond features mounting options for front and rear racks as well as up to five bottle cages. All mounted to a Columbus steel frame with carefully selected tubings, to do the most important job of an adventure bike, to be strong and light. The geometry of the bike gives a comfortable and stable riding position even when loaded. The specially flared handlebar, although a little strange at first, offers more hand positions, helping the shoulders and upper body stay relaxed for hours in the saddle. The SRAM Apex 2x10 drivetrain provides a smooth, simple gear change paired with the more durable mountain bike spec GX and X5 derailleurs. So, whatever journey you have in mind, remember, the Beyond is as willing as you are.